Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Face That Launched A Thousand Blog Posts

I would like to say that my decision to start this blog was for a variety of reasons - all soul-searching and esoteric. 

But that would be a lie.

Because this is the reason I started this blog:


I saw this guy while I was riding the bus on my way home from work.  It was four thirty in the afternoon, in the midst of stop-and-go traffic on Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok's busiest thoroughfare.  There I was, gazing out the window, lost in my own dreary thoughts.  And then, like a mirage, through shimmering waves of exhaust, he slowly revealed himself.



And for the first time in quite awhile, I laughed.  Out loud.  I was delighted.  To be honest, I'm not even exactly sure why.  As the bus continued to sputter down the highway,  I couldn't stop thinking about him.  Or laughing.  I loved him!  So much so that I actually decided to start a blog based around him.  Not him, per se, but rather these bizarre moments of delight found around every corner in Bangkok.

Because honestly?  It's the little things that get you through the day.

Luckily, Bangkok is full of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment